3 Stars Hoodie
It is derived from the Philippine flag. The three five-pointed stars represent the 3 main regions of the Philippines; Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. The eight-rayed sun represents our ties with colonial Spain and represented the eight original provinces of the Philippines; Laguna, Batangas, Bulacan, Cavite, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga and Tarlac.
The “3 Stars and a Sun” has been popularized by notable artists. The late rap musician, Francis Magalona, was one of the more popular bearers of this symbol. He sports a “3 Stars and a Sun” tattoo, proudly displaying his Filipino heritage.
The Diaspora of the symbol might have led to its commercialization. But to the enlightened Filipino, it is a badge displaying his pride in his race. To be worn with conviction and as a mark of his identity. A symbol of Philippine pride and Philippine ancestry.
Adult Hoodie Features
- 50% Cotton/50% polyester preshrunk 13.5 oz
- Double-lined hood
- Drawstring at neckline
- Double-needle hood, shoulder, and armhole seams
- Double-needle cuffs, pouch pocket, and banded bottom
- Set-in sleeves
- Classic Fit
- Quarter-turned body
- Air jet yarn = softer feel and reduced pilling
- Double-lined hood with colour-matched drawcord
- Double-needle stitching at shoulder, armhole, waistband and cuffs
- Pouch pocket
- 1 x 1 rib with spandex
- Quarter-turned to eliminate centre crease